Saturday 23 May 2020

Destiny is what you make of it

Sometimes, life gives you lemons and if not, you tend to buy one for yourself. While life keeps giving you lemons, can you not stop buying them for yourself? To know the purpose is better to walk down the road someone else has decided you upon.


Are you only growing up to be able to be responsible enough to prove your worth and justify your commitments? All the baggage that you have filled your life with is not going to land you anywhere. Life seems to be in motions but is still, the very moment you realise it to be. Some people choose to commit to life and then drag themselves the entire life to prove their commitments. When you have put yourself in the situation, you don’t tend to like it or otherwise love it. There are always two sides of the coin, and you would always keep worrying about if the coin would’ve flipped one more time.


The Dilemma of Life.

Most of us have that gut feeling to do something that we always wanted to. We all have gone through a similar phase of life where we have the tendency to plan our life as we go down that path. But what if something goes wrong and everything turns the way you would have imagined otherwise. You must realise that you become whatever you choose to be. There is no such thing as destiny. You only can choose.


The Baggage of Life:

I want you to imagine your life as you are carrying baggage and each of your experience adds up to the weight of that baggage. As you go on with life, starting from the good old school days to ending up in a corporate cabin. You add up each element starting from the little things you have in your pocket, things on the shelves, maybe your watch or your phone. Now start adding the bigger stuff, like having a cool entertainment system, home appliances, your boxes, your car and perhaps even your home. How does that add up to make you feel? Heavy huh! Now you have to walk up to a distance. Hard, isn’t it? This is what we all have been doing until now. We weigh ourselves in society by these things until we can’t even nudge. And no mistakes there, moving is living. So, you can’t even say no and just be.

As we move on with life, we take along with us the experiences and personal interpretations of life from the events that made us such. Your school life where you have been bullied – that you mustn’t like, your college life where you met your love of life – that you like. Your chaotic and muddled break up that went on for 2 more years after that you have broken up – that you hated. Your life event of buying a house that changed everything – that you may like.  Your baggage is full of stuff that you have experienced or learned from past relationships that colour how you see relationships today. Same goes with your work baggage, and your friendship baggage, and your health baggage, and so on.

Should we now just burn the bag and imagine that you are going to wake up tomorrow with nothing? Nothing that you own. Isn’t that exciting about what you can do with yourself? Afterall you will eventually die alone. Then why not be one, while you are actually living.

Too long, but so true:

For the greater good, people live in societies to expand the humankind. But we all are aware of the fact that we don’t need as many people as there are in the world. Too many cooks spoil the broth then why produce one. I was so mystified by the concept of starting on my own that I ruined what my family had for me. It was a fate-changing experience for me that my dad had to contain his pride to mine. I could have easily gone away from all the melodrama to have achieved something in life. But I couldn’t fathom that why did I not react when I actually had a chance to. For me, the state of desperation killed me to the level that I just wanted to fuck it all up to start over. And I couldn’t because I still have father-son issues. It wasn’t destined for my father to pay for my wrong done, the mistakes that I have been committing.

Things are still the same, and I am still fucked up. But now I know why am I in this state rather than being ignorant of the choices I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, feedback or comments are most welcome.